We still need about a dozen people to complete their waivers ASAP. Look for the auto-email from discnw.org if you have one or more to be signed (this includes two for the parent to sign, and one or two for the player -or parent as proxy- to sign), and I'll track you down individually as needed.
2. T-shirt order:
I'll place an order this weekend for everyone who I think will need a shirt whether or not you've paid yet, and I will make best guesses on sizing. We'll order a few extras, too. **Parents - if you want an adult one, let me know!**
3. Three practices left:
We won't have many (any?) practices after games begin, due to soccer/baseball/etc. starting up. Hope you can make it to our last few!
- Saturday 2/28, 11am, Wilson-Pacific
- Wednesday 3/4, 4pm, Greenlake wading pool
- Sunday 3/8, 11am, Wilson-Pacific
4. Games:
Start March 14; playoffs weekend of May 16. We will receive a preliminary schedule a few days before game #1.
5. Cleats left at Tuesday practice:
Boys size 5.5 (38). If no-one claims them, they fit me perfectly :)
6. Teams/rosters:
We have one 3rd grader team (will play 5vs5 league) and one 4th/5th team (7vs7 league). Next week, I'll send out a roster for each team with contact info so you can arrange carpools etc.
7. Medical release forms:
More paperwork, yikes! I'll have hard copies of these for parents to sign. We are required to keep signed copies with us at games (these are the forms that allow doctors/EMTs to do their jobs).
8. First aid sideline volunteers:
Anyone want to volunteer to be in charge of the 1st aid kit and applying ice packs/bandaids? One per team - otherwise the coaches have to do double duty. I'll provide the supplies.
9. Girls' learn-to-play clinic this Sunday afternoon:
A few of the Seattle women's teams are hosting a free clinic for girls ages 7-13 Sunday, March 1, 1-4pm, Franklin High School (3013 S. Mount Baker Blvd, Seattle, WA). All skill levels, just show up!
10. Summer ultimate camp registration is open:
A few Stingers have attended these in the past at Magnuson. They are great. More info: https://www.discnw.org/events/SeattleUltimateCamps/